What is included in a VIP guest reservation?
- Luxurious Jacuzzi Suite
- VIP GUESTS receive Priority Room Assignments/Available Room Upgrades
- Access to the private VIP area on the Beach w/ padded loungers and private bar
- Relaxing Plus Plan includes
- Free 25 minute Back Massage (per person) Adults only
- Free Manicure & Pedicure – (per person)
- UNLIMITED Golf packages are available
- 2 Free Included Tours (tours will depend on the resort)
- ALL-INCLUSIVE PLAN – with UNLIMITED all food and drinks (top shelf liquors)
- 24 hr room service at no extra charge
- In room bar and fully stocked mini-fridge at no extra charge
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the resort
- Free Long Distance calls in Mexico, USA and Canada
- 20% off all Spa Services at the extensive Full-Service Spa facility (not valid when using Resort credits)
- Transfers to and from the Airport are INCLUDED!
- $1,500 Resort Credits
Is there Free Wi-Fi on the grounds?
- Yes, sometimes the coverage can be spotty, but it is available
Is there a business center?
- Yes, each resort does have a business center with computer and printer
Are long distance phone calls expensive?
- Included in the reservation are FREE phone calls from your room to the continental US, Canada and within Mexico
Is there an evening dress code for restaurants?
- For most restaurants they do not allow swimsuits. There is 1 restaurant (or more) at each resort that requires men to have long pants, a collared shirt with sleeves and closed toed shoes
- Long pants, collared shirt and enclosed shoes;
- Beach Palace – Bocelli (Italian) & Wok (Oriental),
- Sun Palace– Alamo is casual but requires a shirt with sleeves- no tank tops & Latratto ( Italian),
- LeBlanc – Blanc Italia & Blanc Orient, Lumière requires semi-formal.
- Isla Mujeres Palace – Azul restaurant requires pants, collared shirt and closed shoes for dinner only.
- Cozumel Palace – Turqueza restaurant- pants, collared shirt and closed shoes for dinner only.
- Playacar Palace – Terrazo ( Italian) & Momo.
What reservations can I make before arrival?
- Reservations can be made by contacting Vacation Planners: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dinner reservations, using Resort Credits, contact Vacation Planners
- All other reservations can be made with guest services, for the restaurants allowing reservations. (Diamond members do get to make reservations ahead of arrival)
- Spa reservations, using resort credit and cash, contact Vacation Planners
- Tee-time reservations, up to 3 months in advance of arrival, contact the Vacation Planners
- Tours, activities and excursions, using resort credit or cash, can be made in advance. Contact the Vacation Planners
Do I have full use of Palace Resorts and Hard Rock Resorts?
- For guests of members, NO. You are only allowed access to the resort brand that you have reserved with (Example- reserve at Beach Palace and you can visit Moon Palace and the other Palace Resorts in the area, but not Hard Rock Cancun. Or reserve at Hard Rock Riviera Maya, you cannot visit Playacar Palace)
- For Premier members, you have the ‘stay at 1, play at all’ available. You can ‘visit’ from Hard Rock to Palace and Palace to Hard Rock. (Exception Playacar Palace is not open to Hard Rock guests)
- For Elite members- you have access to all Palace Resorts
- For Legendary members- you have access to all Hard Rock Resorts
Is there transportation provided between resorts?
- There is a courtesy bus twice a day between Moon Palace- Sun Palace and Beach Palace. Check the lobby for times and arrive at least 20 minutes early to be assured a seat. (Remember Sun Palace is adults only)
- There is a courtesy bus from Playacar Palace to Moon Palace once daily. Check with guest services for current times and when you sign up.
- There is no courtesy bus from Moon Palace to Playacar Palace. You can arrange a taxi, van.
Is the water safe to drink?
- The water is treated using a desalination and reverse osmosis filtration system at the resorts. It is safe. It does taste a little different. There is bottled water provided in all rooms and offered in all restaurants
Is the food safe?
- Palace Resorts purchases high quality foods for our consumption. All employees are trained in sanitation and hygiene. The central kitchen and satellite kitchens are regularly inspected and internationally ranked for sanitation and hygiene. There is a weekly Kitchen Tour offered to guests, which is quite interesting
Can the resort accommodate food allergies?
- For most food allergies, the Chefs and kitchen staff are very accommodating. It is best if you travel with a note written in both English and Spanish listing foods you cannot have- and possible substitutions. You can then hand this to the Hostess or waiter before you order and ask if they can accommodate your needs at that restaurant
- Translation Cards for Food & Drug Allergies, Special Diets and Medical Needs www.selectwisely.com
Do I need travel Insurance?
- This is a personal choice and there are many companies that offer policies. Travelguard, TravelSafe, Blue Cross, etc
- Your flight company may also offer such insurance at the time you purchase your tickets.
- Most credit card companies and financial offers travel insurance.
- Shop and find the best one for your need.
What buildings are the Family Suites in at Moon Palace?
- The Family Suites are all at the Sunrise section, first and second floors of : Luna, Guitarra, Estrella, Chile, Limones, Mango, Melon, Pina and Sandia. Look at the map of Moon for your preferred location.
Which resorts are adults only?
- The adults only resorts are- Isla Mujeres Palace, Sun Palace, Le Blanc, and the Heaven side of Hard Rock Riviera Maya
Are the Dolphins at Moon Palace in a pool or Ocean?
- They are located on Moon Palace property but in the ocean in a great facility.